Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Intent

I don't even remember when was the first time I got fascinated by movies and started watching them. I remember my childhood spent with disney movies...Sleeping Beauty, Aladdin, The Little Mermaid etc or I would climb besides my mom on our usual couch and silently watch whatever movie that she used to watch,  even though I would hardly understand them but mom would later pull me close and lovingly tell me the whole story and I would think about them for days all happy and wanting to hear more ..... thats my first vivid memory of getting the taste of fantasy world and how wonderful it felt to be transported to some other time period, some other world that you thought didn't even existed. :)

Three years back, when I shifted to another city for my masters degree, thats when I REALLY got addicted to watching movies. After classes I used to be too tired to watch TV in a shared students lounge hence I would just watch a movie almost every night in my own hostel room before sleeping just to keep myself sane under various types of pressures and loneliness. And this addiction has continued till to date, now that I am done with my degree and back home :) Id rather curl up with my laptop in front of me and watch a good movie than flip endlessly through TV channels.

This blog space that I'v created is with an intention to become my personal lounge for discussion and sharing my thoughts about movies that I loved or disappointed me, about upcoming movies that I look forward to watching and about movies to which I deeply relate, with all of you out there sharing my love for movies :))

Hoping it will turn into a lovely journal of my life intertwined with movies, my experiences mixed up with movies that reflect them, my life lessons that movies have so beautifully depicted.

YUP ITS ALL ABOUT MOVIES!!!! :p :)

No comments:

Post a Comment