Thursday, January 20, 2011

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Funny Quotes

Title: Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Cast:  Zachary Gordon, Robert Capron and Rachael Harris

Director: Thor Freudenthal
Running Time: 1 hr. 33 min.
Release Date: Mar 19, 2010 
Genre: ComedyKids & Family



After watching a series of serious movies, I decided to go for something light this time, and randomly picked this movie (the trailer was funny enough :p). Although it was too childish for my taste but I still enjoyed a number of scenes during the movie. :)

Apparently, the movie has been adapted from "Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Greg Heffley's Journal or Diary of a Wimpy Kid: A Novel in Cartoons" written by Jeff Kinney. The story is about a middle school kid, Greg Heffley who receives a diary from his mother, which he insists on calling it a "journal" so that he doesn't get bullied for it in the middle school.
Greg uses this diary for recording his journey along with his best friend Rowley, through middle school and scribbling cartoons of himself and his friends. After that, the movie is packed with a series of funny incidents, the hilarious transition of entering one's teens (kind of reminded me of my own :s lol), having a best friend that embarrasses you because you think your'e cooler than him/her and in the end its your best friend that gets everyones attention and affection. :) 

I am going to share some of the funny qoutes that really got me laughing:

  • Greg: First of all, let me get something straight. This is a journal not a diary. Yeah, yeah, I know what it says on the cover, but it's wrong. When my mom went out to buy this thing, I specifically told her not to get anything that says "DIARY" on it. And yet, here we are.
  •  Fregley: Wanna see my secret freckle? It's got a hair in it!!!
  • Rowley: A butt can't be cute. It's a butt.
  • Rowley: Hey Bryce! Cute butt!
  • Rodrick: Let go, Baby Hippo!

  • Rowley: My mom told me to just be myself, and people would like me.
        Greg: That would be good advice, if you were somebody else.

[Rowley shows up at Greg's door with lights and flags all over his Halloween costume]

  • Greg: You're kidding me, right?
        Rowley: Mom wanted me to be visible at night.
        Greg: From space?

  • Rodrick Heffley: You never sign up for anything at school. You fly below the radar! That way you never raise anybody's expectations. 

  • Note from Fregley: Dear Gregory, I'm very sorry I chased you with a booger on my finger. Here-- I put it on this paper so you can get me back. (HAHAHAHA this was the best!!)
:)


Until next movie!

1 comment:

  1. Slot machine dealer roulette wheel | jtmhub.com
    Play this slot machine for real money on JTM, which is licensed and operated 구미 출장샵 in 수원 출장샵 Malta. Try 아산 출장샵 the demo version or 천안 출장안마 find a rating. Rating: 4.3 · ‎18 votes 영주 출장마사지

    ReplyDelete